One of the most integral parts of a healthy and growing church is developing a healthy leadership development pipeline in your community. Learn about how Vineyard churches around the country are developing leaders from within the local church through Residency+. Pastors Michael Gatlin and Raymond McDonald provide reflections how they have developed leaders throughout their years of ministry and what they are doing today to train leaders.
What will you learn from this webinar:
- Why intentional investment in leaders is a must.
- What developing leaders must learn.
- How the Residency+ program can be a pathway for leadership development in your church.?
“If I’m not purposefully investing in young leaders it won’t happen.” — Michael Gatlin
Watch the Full Recording
Listen to the Full Audio
- 3:16-7:57 Why intentional investment is a must
- 8:30-12:43 Counting the cost of investing in leaders
- 15:43-17:17 What developing leaders must learn
- 17:18-17:55 The eight core competencies for a Vineyard Church Planter
- 20:57-22:38 How we learn best: Knowing, Being, and Doing
- 25:37-28:03 How do we assess student learning
- 28:47-30:51 Differences between Vineyard Institute Degree and Residency+
- 31:08-39:00 What courses do student take in the Residency+ Program
- 39:40-46:45 What does the Residency+ Program look like for students
- 48:34-51:40 Who are the leaders to invite to join?
“What else should I be doing with my time, than developing leaders.” — Michael Gatlin
- VI Assessment Rubric
- Residency+ Program Overview
- Residency+ Curruculum Overview
- Know someone who should hear about this? Share this Res+ Intro Video
- Video of Raymond McDonald’s work with Vineyard Worship: http://youtu.be/tzNmz2X2HXY
“I’ve never thought that there was an option to NOT develop leaders in the church.” — Michael Gatlin
Fall Dates & Deadlines for Res+ Program:
- Student Application Deadline: Monday August 22nd, 2016
- Quarter Starts: Monday September 12th, 2016
- Quarter Closes: Sunday November 20th, 2016