What are the ways that you are tuning your life to hear God’s voice? All people are built to hear God’s voice. However, many of us often struggle with this integral practice. Listen to trained spiritual directors Sara Carlisle and Kris Miller as they help us learn how to notice God’s work in our lives through contemplative practices and spiritual direction.
- Wondering if you are called to plant a church? Take the free self-assessment from Multiply Vineyard 10 Questions that could change the trajectory of your life
- The Brazos Introduction to Christian Spirituality by Evan Howard
- God's Voice Within: The Ignatian Way to Discover God's Will by Father Mark E. Thibodeaux SJ
- A Hidden Wholeness: The Journey Toward an Undivided Life by Parker J. Palmer
- Open Mind, Open Heart by Thomas Keating
- Learn more about The Order of Sustainable Faith.
- Are you interested in finding a spiritual director? Look here.
- WorshipTeam.com is providing 12 months free for church planters and 15% of monthly membership for established Vineyard churches. Get your promo code here.
- Looking for great kingdom-focused resources, check out our sponsor Vineyard Digital Membership, which is offering 12 months free to all churches and church plants under 100 in attendance.
Sara Carlisle | The Order of Sustainable Faith, School of Spiritual Direction
Sara Carlisle is currently serving as a teacher (stateside as well as in Europe) and board member with Sustainable Faith, as well as a Spiritual Director in her own practice to Pastors, Leaders, Missionaries, Church Planters, and Spiritual Directors. She dreams about planting a monastery of sorts someday--offering hospitality, sanctuary, and a place to heal. She loves helping others clarify their own calling, and companioning people in every season of the soul. She worked on Vineyard Columbus’ pastoral staff for several years after graduating from the Ohio State University (go bucks!), Vineyard Leadership Institute, and completing Sustainable Faith's School of Spiritual Direction. After this, she began a journey into the work of Spiritual Direction while receiving her Master of Divinity in Christian Spirituality.
Sara has a very full life! She enjoys: traveling, cooking/baking, upcycling vintage furniture, writing (especially poetry), teaching yoga, watercolor painting, drinking wine or bourbon with friends, learning the ukulele, playing outside, singing, reading, quality time with her 11 nieces and nephews (they are her favorite people on earth!), enjoying live music (last week she went to a punk show after a silent retreat), and lingering in slow mornings over a cup of coffee while staring at the birds."
Kris Miller | Assistant Professor of Bible, Director of the Institute for Christian Spirituality at Lipscomb University, The Order of Sustainable Faith, School of Spiritual Direction
Kris Miller has over 25 years of ministry experience as a pastor, professor, and administrator. Kris is called to follow Jesus Christ and participate in the Spirit’s formative and healing work for God’s glory and for human flourishing, focusing upon Christian leaders. Thus, he founded and directs Flourishing Leaders, Inc., a non-profit organization which exists for the healing, formation, and well-being of Christian leaders. He is professor of theology at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN, also directing their Institute for Christian Spirituality. Kris has a B.A. in biblical studies, M.Div., a master’s in historical theology, and a Ph.D. in systematic theology from Durham University (UK). He has been a spiritual director since 2006 and has been training other spiritual directors with Sustainable Faith since 2010 and with Lipscomb University since 2015. Kris served as a co-leader of Vineyard USA's Pastor’s Sabbath Retreats at their beginning in 2004 and has been the director since 2007.