In this episode of the How To Plant A Healthy Church podcast, Trisha Taylor and our host Michael Gatlin share a thorough discussion of the role of empathy in leading a church: Is all empathy beneficial? How do boundaries tie in? How can we partner with others in developing the kind of empathy that will truly serve the church? Trisha also shares tips on how to find a good coach to walk through ministry with, as well as several valuable resources for further learning.
- Trisha Taylor Ferment Podcast Episode
- The Leader’s journey by Jim Herrington, Trisha Taylor and R. Robert Creech
- Edwin Friedman’s Theory of Differentiated Leadership Made Simple
- A Failure of Nerve by Edwin Friedman
- Generation to Generation: Family Process in Church and Synagogue by Edwin Friedman
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Multiply Vineyard Summit – February 4 & 5
Trisha Taylor is a counselor, author, consultant and speaker based in Houston, TX. As a counselor she works with individuals, couples and families and seeks to provide a safe space where people who are hurting or confused can find God’s grace and wisdom. Trisha also co-authored the book “The Leader’s Journey: Accepting the Call to Personal and Congregational Transformation”, which challenges leaders to see their congregations as living systems and to respond to leadership challenges with emotional maturity, leading as Jesus did, from the inside out.
Liking what you’re hearing?
The views expressed on this site or in this media are those of the speaker(s), author(s), or contributor(s), and do not necessarily represent the views of Vineyard USA or any of its Regions, Ministries or Initiatives. For more information, see the
Vineyard USA disclaimer here.