You will learn you will learn how our attitudes shape our leadership.
1. The church is very secure – The church belongs to Jesus and he has promised to build it. He’s been doing a pretty good job for the past 2000+ years.
2. One of the key ingredients to healthy leadership and a healthy church community is gaining victory in the attitudes of our minds and hearts.
3. Our attitudes are very powerful and influence every part of our community and relationships; our attitudes will have influence.
4. Healthy churches have healthy attitudes towards everything around them. This is something that is caught rather than taught.
5. Our attitudes are really the only thing in the entire world we have any control over. In our passage from Ephesians Paul is encouraging us to exercise that control under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Why? Because our attitudes steer/influence the communities we are leading.
7. Read: Ephesians 4:17–32
Application & Reflection:
1. What attitudes might God be speaking to you about? What daily attitudes tend to pull you down? How might God want to begin to chance those attitudes you carry?
2. Is there anyone in your life that you might need to forgive? Who might God be bringing to your mind that you need to forgive?