You will learn the purpose of leadership in the church, and a model for leadership reproduction in the church.
1. Read: Exodus 18
2. Jethro’s advice to Moses, “You cannot handle it alone!”
3. The purpose of leadership in the church – Equipping and Empowering
4. Read: Ephesians 4:12–16
5. The model for leadership reproduction in the church
6. Read: 2 Timothy 2:2
Identifying new leaders
Recruiting new leaders
Training new leaders
Deploying new leaders
Monitoring new leaders
Nurturing new leaders
8. Discipleship/leadership Development Loop:
Step One – You do the ministry.
Step Two – You do the ministry while your trainee observes.
Step Three – You do the ministry with your trainee.
Step Four – They do the ministry solo, and then you get together and discuss it.
Step Five – You release them to begin to train others.
Application & Reflection:
1. How is God inviting you toward more leadership in your community?
2. What is one goal that you would like to commit to as we complete this course?
3. Who are the people that you can invite to help keep you accountable to your goal?
4. When are you going to complete your goal?
- For more on leadership development read: Launching Leaders: How to Multiply Leaders in the Local Church also in Spanish/Espanol