Pastoral Succession Resources
Transition can be an area where pastors can deeply bless their communities by creating a process that supports a healthy long term succession process. At Multiply Vineyard, we are working to provide resources for pastors and church leaders to make that transition happen well.
This VUSA Equipping the Saints Summit was designed to help pastors, boards, staff, and leaders navigate the big transitions that churches face. All of the recorded audio from the summit is provided in the link below. This is the best place to begin for Vineyard Pastors thinking about succession.
We work with Campion, Borrow, and Associates for all or our psychological assessments for church planters and Vineyard churches. They have a long standing relationship with the Vineyard as members and assessment supporters. Their Succession Evaluation can be invaluable in helping the process for a church and pastor. Please see their resources below.
We have found these key texts to be helpful as it relates to pastoral succession.
- The Elephant in the Boardroom: Speaking the Unspoken about Pastoral Transitions by Caroline Weese & J. Russell Crabtree
- Next: Pastoral Succession that works by William Vanderbloemen & Warren Bird
- Search: The Pastoral Search Committee Handbook by William Vanderbloeme
- Passing the Baton: Planning for Pastoral Transition by Terry Robert
- Set It Up – Planning a Healthy Pastoral Transition by Jr. Dr. Parnell M. Lovelace