We want to celebrate and pray for all the training going on in the Vineyard. We currently have 39 students (plus or minus a couple extra who are coming at the last minute) around the country participating in our newly-launched Residency+ program!
There are 11 local churches around the country who have just begun 12 months of hosting this leader-training program for Vineyard Institute and Multiply Vineyard. We want to celebrate each of the pastors who are committed to lead their local churches in providing this intense training opportunity for developing leaders. They have carved out the time to pour into these students and we are very excited to see the fruit of that over the next year.
Check out this map of all the sites that are running the program this year. If you look at this and think “I wish I had known about this sooner!” we actually have cohorts launching each quarter. It’s not too late for you to join. Just let us know you are interested, by emailing our staff and we can get you all the information you need.
We’d also like to take a moment to recognize and rejoice over each person who has counted the cost to be deeply challenged and developed as the leaders and disciples God is calling them to be. These students are embarking on a challenging program of focused reading assignments, leadership training, and prayer ministry to help open up their leadership gifts.
As the program commences, we would love to invite you to pray over the sites and students who are participating in this first year of the program. Here are a few ways you can lift up our students and overseers in prayer:
- These students will be deeply challenged spiritually, academically, and personally. Pray for grace and perseverance as they are challenged.
- They will be dealing with questions of calling. Pray for clarity and discernment for both them and their leaders as they pursue leadership.
- They will experience resistance from the enemy. Pray over their lives, families, friends, jobs, and communities as they say yes to God’s leading.
- They will experience resistance in themselves. Pray that their faith will be deepened as they wrestle to submit their own weaknesses and sin issues to Christ.
- Pray for abundant fruit—that God would release more gifted, equipped, passionate leaders into his kingdom through the Residency+ program this year.
Thank you for your prayers. And thanks to all of you who have already been pouring into the lives of each one of the students who are coming to the Residency+ program this year. We can’t wait to see what God is going to develop from each of these sites and students this year.
If you’d like to know more about the Residency+ program, including how to become a site leader or how to enroll in the program, we will be launching another group of students visit the Residency+ page on the Vineyard Institute website. Contact our office with other questions.
And if you are an intercessor, and are hungry for more information about how to pray for the program, contact Justin, Multiply Vineyard Education Coordinator & Project Manager: [email protected]