In the Vineyard we believe “everybody gets to play.” It is no accident that our movement has some of the strongest women in leadership serving Jesus. Regional Leaders Jamie and Michelle Wilson (Coast Vineyard) discuss how to raise up strong, healthy, and committed women as leaders in your church.
What will you learn from this webinar:
- A biblical framework for supporting women in ministry.
- Practical ways to engage in healthy mentoring across genders.
- Tools for how to continue this conversation in your church.
“I’m longing for the church to not be the caboose in this conversation, but rather the engine in raising up women leaders.” -Jamie Wilson
Watch the Full Recording
Listen to the Full Audio
- 4:18-9:08 Inspiring stories of women in ministry in church history
- 9:09-15:58 The theology of women in ministry
- 16:11-21:10 Wrestling with tough texts: 1 Timothy 2:12
- 21:54-26:46 The history of the Vineyard and women in ministry
- 27:33-28:58 Examples of great women leaders in the Vineyard
- 28:58-38:23 Practical steps for empowering in the local church
- 39:58-44:09 Healthy mentoring across genders
- 44:10-47:16 How to respond to criticism of mentoring across genders
- 47:23-49:57 Differences in how women and men are perceived as strong
- 53:23 Q&A with Jamie and Michelle
“What we see in the gospels is a call to live based on God’s original design.” — Michelle Wilson
Booklets, Papers, Blogs:
- One in Christ Booklet by Vineyard USA
- “Women in Leadership: How to Decide what the Bible Teaches” Paper by Rich Nathan
- Blog Post from Rich Nathan: Why Vineyard Columbus Encourages Women to Preach, Pastor, and Plant
Sermons & Talks:
- Coast Vineyard Sermon on approach to theologically engaging ethical questions. The talk itself is on another topic, but the method for engaging ethical questions from the framework of the Kingdom narrative has been useful to our congregation and is how I’ll be asking listeners to think about women in leadership
- Jamie Wilson’s talk on mentoring across genders from the Vineyard Women in Leadership Network’s 2014 conference
- Chasing the Dragon: One Woman’s Struggle Against the Darkness of Hong Kong’s Drug Dens by Jackie Pullinger
- “Journey Back to Eden” by Glen Scourgy
- “Discovering Biblical Equality” by Priece and Gruthious
- The Residency+ Program – For all developing leaders wanting to grow or discern church planting
- VUSA Diversity Conference. Register here.
“I’m convinced that in a pulralistic, post-Christian society, that this is not a moment where we can bench half the team.” — Jamie Wilson