The second course in the Residency Program aims to provide a deep look into the history, purpose, and vision of the church. Specifically, this course explores the history of the church through the lens of the Vineyard Movement.
Students will be led through each session by their facilitating local pastor who may add supporting material or assignments to the course when necessary.
Course Learning Outcomes/Objectives:
- Students will learn to identify and articulate a New Testament vision for the church.
- Students will be able to articulate the vision, values and distinctives of the Vineyard movement.
- Students will begin the process of articulating their own vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Students will begin to implement a biblical strategy for raising up new leaders.
Instructor: Michael Gatlin, Multiply Vineyard National Coordinator
[icon name="file-alt"] Course Syllabus (PDF)
[icon name="book-open"] Book list
- Living the Future: The Kingdom of God and the Holy Spirit in the Vineyard Movement by Dr. Douglas Erickson
- Both-And: Living the Christ-Centered Life in an Either-Or World by Rich Nathan & Insoo Kim
- Breakthrough: Discovering the Kingdom Paperback by Derek J. Morphew
- Preventing Ministry Failure: A ShepherdCare Guide for Pastors, Ministers and Other Caregivers by Michael Todd Wilson, Brad Hoffmann