The fourth course in the Residency Program, aims to provide an overview of key areas of church practice: preaching, church systems, strategic planning, marketing, pastoral care, small groups, and finance.
Students will be led through each session by their facilitating local pastor who may add supporting material or assignments to the course when necessary.
Course Learning Outcomes/Objectives:
- Students will learn and practice the art of biblical preaching.
- Students will be introduced to creating systems and structures for a healthy church.
- Students will complete their 2 year strategic plan for church planting.
- Students will discuss a philosophy of pastoral care and small groups.
- Students will analyze church finance structures and stewardship resources.
Instructor: Michael Gatlin, Multiply Vineyard National Coordinator
[icon name="file-alt"] Course Syllabus (PDF)
[icon name="book-open"] Book list
- Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply, 2nd Edition by Ed Stetzer and Daniel Im
- Advanced Strategic Planning: A 21st-Century Model for Church and Ministry Leaders, 3rd Edition by Aubrey Malphurs
- Money Matters in Church: A Practical Guide for Leaders by Aubrey Malphurs & Steve Stroope
- Preventing Ministry Failure: A ShepherdCare Guide for Pastors, Ministers and Other Caregivers by Michael Todd Wilson, Brad Hoffmann