The first course in the Residency Program aims to lay a foundation of spiritual formation for students who are seeking to develop as leaders within the context of their local Vineyard church.
Students will be led through each session by their facilitating local pastor who may add supporting material or assignments to the course when necessary.
Course Learning Outcomes/Objectives:
- Students will develop a deeper awareness and experience of embracing their identity in Christ.
- Students will be introduced to the value of and begin to practice specific spiritual disciplines.
- Students will learn historic spiritual formation concepts and apply them to their lives.
- Students will develop a greater degree of personal self-awareness.
- Students will know what a biblical leadership development journey entails, and assess where they are on that journey.
Instructor: Michael Gatlin, Multiply Vineyard National Coordinator
[icon name="file-alt"] Course Syllabus (PDF)
[icon name="book-open"] Book list
- Surrender to Love: Discovering the Heart of Christian Spirituality by David G. Benner
- Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton
- Start Here: Kingdom Essentials for Christians by Don Williams B.Div. Ph.D
- Preventing Ministry Failure: A ShepherdCare Guide for Pastors, Ministers and Other Caregivers by Michael Todd Wilson, Brad Hoffmann