What is a multisite church?
A multisite church is one church in multiple locations. Each location shares a common vision and mission. This is different than church planting, in that a church plant is a brand new, autonomous church with it's own vision and mission. The leadership gifts needed for each are very different and we've designed our process to identify and support potential campus pastors and churches.
We believe that both church planting and multisite are good approaches and represent the biblical value of multiplication. In addition to the goal of planting 750 new Vineyard churches over the next 10 years, the Vineyard church multiplication team would like to see 150 new multisite campuses.
Currently there are 20 churches in the Vineyard that have successfully implemented the multisite model. If this is how God is asking you to expand His kingdom, we would love to help you be successful by providing resources, coaching, training and care to those exploring serving their community using the multisite approach.
We understand that multisite churches face unique situations and challenges and we would like to support you as you serve the local needs of your community and the mission of your church.
Multisite By the Numbers
- 6+ million people attend a multisite church in North America.
- Multisite campuses have a 90 percent success rate.
- 5,000 multisite churches vs 1,650 megachurches.
- Only half of multisite churches utilize video.
- One in four multisites have a campus in another language.
- The majority of multisite campuses are within a 30 minute drive of the original campus
From the Leadership Network
- 75 of the largest 100 churches in North America have multiple campuses.
- Average size of a church going multisite: 850.
- Average size of a multisite campus: 361.
- Average weekend attendance of a multisite church: 1,300.
- One in three multisites added a campus through a merger.
- The majority of multisite campuses are within a 30 minute drive of the original campus.
Supporting Multisite Churches
COACHING - our team has been there and done it
RESOURCES- access to the best resources and training
RELATIONSHIPS- connecting churches and pastors
Corey Garris, Multisite Catalyst, discusses the basics of the Multisite model.
Our Multisite Team as assembled the very best learnings and resources from Vineyard multisite churches and other model experts.
- Video Series
- building teams
- 125 Tips from Successful Multisites
- 14 Commandments of Video Preaching
- Step by Step Guides
- Countdown to Launch
- Timeline to Launch
Corey Garris joined the Multiply Vineyard team in 2014 to lead our multisite coaching and resources team. Corey has had years of experience supporting and developing multisite churches across the country. Corey is also is Chief of Staff at the Mile High Vineyard. Prior to working at MHV, Corey oversaw the development of campuses at Vineyard Columbus, was a campus pastor himself, and also helped send out church plants.
Corey knows firsthand the impact that the Gospel, good leadership, consistent discipleship, and living life in community can have on someone. He’s passionate about seeing Jesus transform lives in our city and about hubs being life-giving communities that profoundly impact their neighborhoods and communities. As Chief of Staff, Corey is responsible for supplying pastoral care and leadership to the church as well as overseeing the development of MHV Hubs throughout the Denver metro area.